I love carrot cake and am proof that it is possible to survive entirely from it (long story). This makes 12 cookies.
carrot, nuts, raisins, vegetable
Carrot Cake Cookies
Author: Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
- 280g (2c) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Dash salt
- Dash grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 170g (3/4c) unsalted butter
- 130g (2/3c caster sugar
- 75g (1/3c light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 130g (1c) grated carrots
- 85g (1c) sweetened shredded coconut
- 160g (1c) raisins
- 85g (1/2c) coarsely chopped walnuts/pecans
- Preheat the oven to 180C/375F, line a baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- In a small bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt, ginger and nutmeg.
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy (~2 mins).
- Add the vanilla and egg and beat for another minute. Reduce the mixer speed to low and beat in the vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture on low speed and mix until just combined. Don't overmix. The batter will be fairly thick.
- Stir in the carrots, coconut, raisins and nuts with a spatula.
- Spoon onto the baking sheet about 1" apart and bake for 16-18 mins until light brown and just firm on top.