Chocolate brownies studded with Cadbury’s Creme Egg chunks. These were a tad on the gooey side, possibly due to me not cutting the Creme Eggs small enough and possibly because they should have been baked for another couple of minutes.
Creme Egg Brownies
Author: Harry Jennerway
Serves: 8" x 8" pan (16 squares)
- 180g butter
- 180g dark chocolate (eg: Bourneville)
- 80g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 120g light brown sugar
- 120g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Creme eggs
- Melt the butter and chocolate.
- Whisk the eggs and sugars until light and fluffy, then add the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Cut 3 Creme eggs into quarters, then stir into the mixture, you can also use mini Creme eggs cut in half.
- Bake for 20-30 mins until a skewer comes out with a few crumbs attached. If you prefer chewy brownies take them out at 20 mins, if you prefer cakey brownies, leave them in for 25 mins. I baked these for 25 mins and they were extremely gooey. I'd recommend closer to 30 mins.
- Chill overnight before slicing.