These peanut butter bars have crushed Oreos on top. They were good, but next time I’d use the recipe below (doubled from my attempt) and spread another layer of batter on top to sandwich the Oreos inside.
Peanut Butter Oreo Bars
Author: Harry Jennerway
Serves: 8" / 20cm pan (16 bars)
- 150g butter
- 145g brown sugar
- 60g caster sugar
- 200g smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 220 grams flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 80ml double cream
- 15 Oreo Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F, grease an 8" baking pan.
- Cream the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla extract and eggs and mix until smooth.
- Slowly add the flower and baking powder, followed by the cream.
- Spread half of the mixture into the pan.
- Crush the Oreos, then sprinkle onto the base.
- Spread the remaining mixture on top of the crushed Oreos.
- Bake for 30-40 mins until golden brown.
- Cool before slicing
biscuit, oreo, peanut butter